Hey all. I thought I'd take a little time to update everyone on Terri and Kelly's latest goings-on. I know, I know, it's been a while!
Terri is doing great. After a stretch of frequent ups and downs, she is steadily improving. She is still tired at times, but the doctors are encouraged this will fade. Her creatinine level is good (see previous post). She is now going to the transplant center only one time a week. This is a well-received cut back from going 2-3 times every week. We're told in a week or so she'll stop making trips to the transplant clinic and will go to the nephrologist clinic once every two weeks.
Kelly went back to work in mid July. You can imagine the adjustment from not working to immediately working full time. Needless to say, she was really tired after those first few days back but has since acclimated to her normal work schedule. She occasionally has some tightness around her scar, and other than numbness in the immediate area of her incision, does not have any problems or discomfort.
In fact, she was well enough to go skydiving with my brother and me just a couple weeks ago. What an experience! We also just returned from a little trip to celebrate our 1 year anniversary- what a year it's been....
Lastly, for those that didn't make the benefit show we played in Atchison back in July, we all had a great time and raised just over $800 for the benefit of Terri and Kelly. Again, we'd like to thank Mojo Cove for being so generous and to everyone else for their support and donations. We are so fortunate to be surrounded by such great people.
Terri and her husband, Tom, wanted to attend, but he surprised her with tickets to see Paul McCartney at the Sprint Center that same night. They had a great time, said Sir Paul was awesome, and wanted to thank everyone for their support. I don't blame them- I would much rather have seen Paul than our band play too. I thought it was such a nice gesture on Tom's part after all he and Terri have been through.
Take care out there- I'll post updates as they come along.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment