Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Surgeries Went Well

We received the good and expected news that Kelly's procedure went well. She is slowly recovering from the lasting effects of anesthesia. We hope to see her in an hour or two.

A short while later, we also received the great news that Terri's procedure went well. Interestingly, she was out of the actual surgery in about two hours. We originally were told it would take about 5 hours. Her next stop is the ICU where she'll spend the first night. After that, she'll go to the same floor where Kelly will be staying during the remainder of their stays.

Reception is somewhat spotty here, but I hope to keep everyone posted later.

We are now breathing more comfortably. All your love and prayers have been felt. Thanks for all the well wishes.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for everyone. I'm so glad that everything went well. Congrats to Terri on her new kidney! Kelly, you can just let people know that you are a minimalist. Can we have a drink yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog. So happy to hear everything went great!

    ReplyDelete